- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoon olive oil, divided use
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can no salt added tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, including liquid
- 6 corn tortillas
- 4 ounce shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 6 small black olives, chopped
- Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in large, nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken cubes and sauté just until no longer pink, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet.
- Stir in onion, green pepper; cook gently until softened.
- Add tomato puree, chili powder, oregano, cumin and beans with juice; stir
well. Simmer 5 minutes, then return chicken to tomato sauce and simmer 2-3 more
minutes or until chicken is heated through and thoroughly cooked.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on each tortilla, fold and place
in shallow casserole dish.
- Pour any remaining sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and put in oven 3-4 minutes, or just until
- Serve with dollops of sour cream.
- Add shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado cubes and chopped black olives.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes