Ugly Naked Chicken
- 8 pieces bone-in skinless chicken
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup honey
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken pieces into prepared casserole.
- Generously sprinkle chicken pieces with garlic powder, salt and pepper to
taste on both sides.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwaveable bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, butter, Worcestershire
sauce and lemon juice and heat on HIGH power for about 30 to 45 seconds, or
until butter melts and you can easily stir ingredients together.
- After chicken has baked for 40 minutes, pour the honey mixture all over
the chicken and bake another 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken over; bake for another 10 minutes longer or until chicken is
cooked all the way through and is tender.
Yield: 4 to 8 servings
If you prefer your chicken "dressed," leave the skin on.