Yogurt Chicken with Blackened Onions
- 8 chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup onions, chopped into 1/8-inch dice
- Remove any excess fat from the chicken.
- Put the chicken in a medium nonmetallic bowl with the yogurt and diced onions.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken pieces in a metal baking pan, making sure the pieces are
separated and well covered with yogurt and onions.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Then broil the chicken, with the pan set at the greatest distance from heat,
until onions are somewhat blackened. Be careful not to let them burn completely.
This will take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Source: Recipes 1-2-3 - Rozanne Gold
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes