Avocado Pesto Chicken
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup white wine,
- 1/4 cup each fresh dill, cilantro and basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon
freshly ground pepper
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 large tomato
- 10 leaves cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- 2 bags or nice size bunches of spinach
- 2 tomatoes
- In a food processor or blender combine your olive oil, white wine, dill,
cilantro, basil, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper. Put into a suitable marinating
pan or bowl. Put aside 1/4 cup of this for later use.
- Butterfly and stamp your chicken to approximately 1/2 inch thickness. Then
cut in half. Place your chicken in the pesto marinade and refigerate covered
1/2 hour to an hour depending on what kind of time you have. Once marinated
broil 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Pit and remove avacado meat from avacado, chop your large tomato. In a blender
combine your avacado, tomato, lemon juice, garlic and cilantro making sure you
have washed it and removed excess moisture. Place in bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Wash and remove excess moisture from spinach, chop your 2 tomatoes and combine.
In a sautee pan bring your 1/4 cup pesto marinade that you set aside to a medium
heat, add your salt and pepper, to the saute pan, add your spinach and tomato
lightly folding it so that it blanches but does not over cook. Be sure to mix
the pesto in thoroughly.
- On a large serving dish spread your spinach . Place your chicken on top
of your with a slight overlay on each breast. Take your avacado mixture and
place approximately 1 tablespoon on each breast. Garnish your plate along the
edge of your with whats left of the avacado mixture. Garnish with lemon and
lime wedges and cilantro(optional, but really dresses it up).
Reprinted with permission from
the National Chicken Council.