Buffalo Chicken Layered Mashed Potatoes
A play on lasagna substituting Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes for the
noodles combined with the flavors of Buffalo chicken is sure to become a family
- 1 (4 ounce) package Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed
- 1 package dry Ranch dressing mix*
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)
can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce*
- 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian flat
leaf parsley, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) part-skim mozzarella
- 2 cups (8 ounces) white cheddar cheese, cut into thin slices
- 1 3/4 cups (7 ounces) crumbled bleu cheese, divided
* These ingredients may
contain gluten. If you’re targeting a gluten-free recipe option, make sure to check
- Prepare mashed potatoes following package directions. Stir in packet of dry Ranch
dressing. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot;
cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes
- Add the shredded chicken.
- Stir in the tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper; bring
to a boil. Reheat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup bleu cheese, parsley and
- Spread 1 1/2 cups sauce into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with a
third of the mashed potatoes, 1 1/2 cups sauce, ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella
cheese, 1/3 of the cheese slices and 1/3 of the bleu cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Reprinted with permission from
Idahoan Foods, LLC.