Chicken Noodle Bake
- 6 ounces thin egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pimiento, drained, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups roasted deli chicken, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed under hot water
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
- In large skillet or saucepan over low heat, melt butter; sauté mushrooms
- Blend in flour, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually add
chicken broth, milk, pimiento, and salt and pepper; stir constantly until sauce
- Stir in chicken, peas and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake chicken noodle casserole for 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.