Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken stock
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans chicken gravy
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add onion; cook and stir over medium heat for
- Add mushrooms, celery, carrots, corn and thyme and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Stir in stock and gravy. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered,
for 30 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes more.
- While soup is cooking, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut pie dough into 1/2-inch squares and bake on a small baking sheet for
5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Season soup to taste with pepper; ladle
into bowls and sprinkle with pie crust squares.
Yield: 6 servings