Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- 1 (16 ounce) package Cajun-style smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken, chopped (no skin and bones)
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Cook smoked sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, 3
minutes or until browned.
- Add celery, onion, and bell pepper, and sauté for 6 to
8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat,
and simmer 45 minutes or until rice is done and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish, if desired.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings