Deli Chicken with Apricot Glaze
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) whole deli chicken
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; add shallots,
and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in apricot preserves, lemon juice, hot sauce and Creole seasoning.
Reduce heat to low, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Brush glaze over chicken.
- Place chicken on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.