Garlic Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup teriyaki baste and glaze (from 12 ounce bottle)
- 2 cups bite-size strips deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-pound chicken)
- Hot cooked rice, if desired
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook garlic in oil for about 1 minute, stirring constantly and being careful that garlic
doesn't burn, until golden brown.
- Add broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts and water to skillet. Cook for 7
to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender and water
- Gently stir in teriyaki glaze and chicken. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until
chicken is thoroughly heated.
- Serve over rice.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.