Quick Chicken Curry
This uses the meat from a 2-pound rotisserie roasted chicken. Tossed with a few
ingredients and served over a bed of quick-cooking couscous, this produces a luscious
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Meat from a 2-pound rotisserie roasted chicken
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Add the couscous, stir once, then cover and let sit until the rest of the recipe is
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high.
- Add the onion, garlic,
carrots and raisins and sauté until the onions are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken
and coconut milk and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Season with salt and
- Transfer the couscous to a large serving bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Add the scallions and toss to combine.
- Spoon the chicken curry over the center of
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Calories 442; Total fat 16g; Saturated fat 9g; Cholesterol 53mg; Carbohydrate
51g; Sodium 67mg; Fiber 5g; Protein 26g