Salsa Verde Enchiladas
This cheesy Mexican casserole uses premade rotisserie chicken to fill the tortillas.
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 (16- to 17.6-ounce) jar mild salsa verde
- 3 green
onions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed)
fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 ounces reduced-fat
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces reduced-fat (2%)
shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Remove meat from chicken and coarsely shred; place in medium bowl (you will
need 2 3/4 cups; reserve any extra for use another day). Discard skin and bones.
Stir 1/4 cup salsa verde into chicken to evenly coat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking
dishes; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat remaining salsa verde, green onions and lime juice
to boiling on medium-high. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in
1 tablespoon cilantro; keep warm over very low heat.
- With tongs, place 1 tortilla in salsa verde mixture; heat for 10 seconds.
Place tortilla on wax paper; top with about 1/3 cup shredded-chicken mixture.
Roll up tortilla and place, seam side down, in prepared baking dish. Repeat
with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture, arranging 8 tortillas in dish.
- Stir sour cream and broth into remaining salsa verde mixture in skillet;
spoon over filled tortillas. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Bake for
5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Prep Time: 50 min
Cook Time: 20