Thai Chicken Salad
Creamy peanut sauce turns deli-roasted chicken into a super quick and special
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- Dash of ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (3 pound) deli roasted chicken
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 8 medium green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 (6 ounce) package wide chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- Peanut Sauce: In small bowl, mix all ingredients with wire whisk until smooth.
- Salad: Remove chicken from bones; cut into bite-size pieces (about 3 cups).
- In large bowl, toss lettuce, chicken, parsley and onions.
- Place lettuce mixture on center of large serving plate.
- Arrange noodles around edge of plate.
- Sprinkle peanuts over lettuce mixture.
- Drizzle sauce over salad.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 600 (Calories from Fat 310); Total
Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 110mg; Sodium 950mg; Total
Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g); Protein 45g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Lean Meat;
3 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):