Tortellini Florentine Soup
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated 3-cheese tortellini
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) container refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded deli-roasted chicken
- 1/2 cup oil-packed dried tomato strips, drained
- 3 cups lightly packed packaged fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded (optional)
- In 4-quart Dutch oven cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain
and set aside.
- In the same Dutch oven combine broth and Alfredo sauce.
- Stir in chicken
and tomato strips. Heat just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for
- Add cooked tortellini and spinach to chicken mixture. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes
to heat through and wilt spinach.
- To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 6 servings