Citrus Ginger Dump Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thighs*
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon honey-mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag, mixing well. Lay flat in freezer.
- For thawing: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, making sure the freezer bag is completely sealed. Place the bag on a shelf in the refrigerator furthest from the freezer (it works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may
not be the best option with a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer).
- For baking: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (about 30 to 60 minutes depending upon the chicken pieces used).
- For the slow cooker: Using tongs, put chicken in the bottom of the pot. Pour remaining
ingredients over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or until done.
* Boneless and skinless chicken is preferred, but the choice is yours.