Creole Dump Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper sauce (optional)
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag, mixing well. Lay flat
- For thawing: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before,
making sure the freezer bag is completely sealed. Place the bag on a shelf in the refrigerator furthest
from the freezer (it works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may
not be the best option with a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer).
- For baking: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large
baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (about
30 to 60 minutes depending upon the chicken pieces used).
- For the slow cooker: Using tongs, put chicken in the bottom of the pot. Pour remaining
ingredients over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours
or until done.
Boneless and skinless chicken is preferred, but the choice is yours.