Raspberry Currant Dump Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thighs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/8 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag, mixing well. Lay flat
- For thawing: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before,
making sure the freezer bag is completely sealed. Place the bag on a shelf in the refrigerator furthest
from the freezer (it works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may
not be the best option with a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer).
- For baking: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large
baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (about
30 to 60 minutes depending upon the chicken pieces used).
- For the slow cooker: Using tongs, put chicken in the bottom of the pot. Pour remaining
ingredients over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours
or until done.
Boneless and skinless chicken is preferred, but the choice is yours.