Chicken Filled Biscuit Dumplings
A novel way to make chicken and dumplings!
- 3 (5 ounce) cans boned chicken or 1 chopped chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 count) package buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Chop canned chicken; place in mixing bowl. Add celery, 2 tablespoons onion,
parsley flakes and pepper; mix well.
- Separate biscuits; pat or roll out each biscuit to a 4-inch circle.
Place a small amount of chicken mixture on each biscuit. Wrap dough around
mixture; press edges together firmly.
- Combine soups, 1 1/4 cups water, bell pepper and remaining onion in a
3-quart saucepan; heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally. Place dumplings,
sealed edges down, in soup mixture; spoon soup mixture over dumplings. Cover
tightly. Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until dumplings are
- Serve hot, using soup mixture as sauce.
Yield: 10 dumplings