Almond Curry Chicken
Fried chicken strips flavored with almonds and cilantro, then served with a yogurt,
cilantro and honey dipping sauce.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 teaspoons
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- cooking oil
Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) carton plain yogurt
tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine all ingredients for Yogurt Dipping Sauce. Refrigerate until ready
- Place the flour in a shallow dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, almonds, cilantro and curry powder in another shallow
- Beat egg and milk together, set aside.
- Slice chicken lengthwise into 2 inch strips.
- Dredge chicken in flour, egg mixture and almond mixture, in that order.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Carefully add chicken strips to the oil. Cook
over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning
- Serve with Yogurt Dipping Sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
the National Chicken Council.