Caribbean Fried Chicken
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) frying chicken, cut up
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Arrange chicken on a plate in a single layer. Squeeze the lemon over the
chicken. Chill chicken for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Rub the garlic into the chicken. Sprinkle with the paprika, pepper and salt.
Sprinkle the soy sauce and hot sauce evenly over the chicken. Shake the chicken
in the flour until well coated.
- Cook the chicken in the oil until brown and cooked through.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings