Chili Fried Chicken
- 12 pieces frying chicken
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1/8 cup minced fresh cilantro (no stems)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak chicken in milk overnight.
- Roll chicken pieces in flour.
- Mix together cornflakes, bread crumbs, cracked pepper, chili powder and
salt. Dip chicken in beaten egg and roll in cornflake mixture.
- Heat one-half of the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat
until very hot, but not smoking. Arrange 6 pieces of chicken in pan.
- Fry until very brown and crispy, approximately 9 minutes per side, turning once. Juices
of chicken will run clear when done.
- Drain on brown paper bag-lined tray in warm oven while frying remaining pieces.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fried Chicken Recipes