Crispy Lemon Fried Chicken
- 2 (2 to 3 pound) chickens, cut up
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl; add 3 teaspoons of salt, lemon juice
and enough water to cover chicken. Refrigerate overnight; drain thoroughly.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, paprika, pepper and remaining
- Toss chicken pieces in flour mixture; shake off excess. Heat about 1/2-inch
of oil in a large skillet.
- When hot, carefully add chicken and brown lightly on all sides, about 20
minutes. Reduce heat.
- Add water, cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Uncover and cook
until chicken is crisp, about 10 minutes.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings