Fried Chicken in Orange Almond Sauce
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) frying chicken
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika pepper
- 2 ounces butter or oil
- 3 oranges
- 1 level dessert spoon sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded and browned almonds
- Cut the chicken into 4 joints and season well. Heat the butter or oil in a large
pan and fry the joints until golden brown all over.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat and cook gently for 20 minutes or until the joints
- Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from 2 of the oranges, remove the skin and pith
from the third and cut into segments. Remove the chicken joints from the pan and
arrange on a hot serving dish.
- Drain the excess butter or oil from the pan and add the orange juice, segments
and sugar to the pan. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring, and allow to boil rapidly
for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, pour over the chicken joints, sprinkle with the almonds and
Yield: 4 servings