Fried Chicken Strips
- 2 2/3 cups crushed saltines (about 80 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken into egg mixture,
then into cracker mixture.
- Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until
- Drain on paper-bags.
Yield: 6 servings