Honey Fried Chicken
- 3 pounds cut-up chicken
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Coat chicken with honey; set aside.
- Combine buttermilk baking mix, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a
shallow dish; dredge chicken in mixture.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil to 375 degrees F in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully place chicken in hot oil and cook about 5 minutes or until
underside of chicken is golden; turn chicken pieces and cook about 5
minutes, turning as needed. Reduce heat to low and cook 15 to 20 minutes
more or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken; drain on paper towels.
Tip: Chicken can be browned in hot oil, placed on baking sheet and baked at
350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Reprinted with permission from the National Honey Board.