Jamaican Fried Chicken with Charred Pineapple Salsa
- 2 (6 ounce) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups yellow corn meal
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican seasonings
- Oil for frying
Charred Pineapple Salsa
- 12 ounces pineapple rings
- 4 ounces red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 ounces green bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 ounces red onion, minced
- 2 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 ounces champagne vinegar
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken: Dust chicken breasts with flour, then dip in buttermilk. Combine
Jamaican seasoning with corn meal; press chicken breasts into yellow corn meal.
- Fry chicken in vegetable oil until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with Charred Pineapple Salsa.
- Charred Pineapple Salsa: Heat your grill or grill pan to medium. Cook pineapple
rings until lightly charred on both sides. Dice pineapple, then mix with remaining
ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Chill until served.
Source: Chef Jason Warden - Scottsdale Culinary Institute, Scottsdale, Arizona