Old West Fried Chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a rimmed 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- In shallow dish, beat 1/2 cup picante sauce, egg and garlic together until
- In another shallow dish or recloseable plastic food bag, mix cornflake crumbs,
chili powder, cumin, oregano and cloves. Dip each chicken piece in picante mixture;
drain briefly. Toss in crumb mixture until well coated. Place in greased baking
pan. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 to 50 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Serve with additional picante sauce.
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
Nutrition (per serving): 440 calories; 24 grams fat; 47 grams protein; 270
milligrams cholesterol; 6 grams carbohydrates; 550 milligrams sodium; 630 milligrams