Ritz® Southern Fried Chicken
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (2 1/2 pounds), cut up
- 25 RITZ
Crackers, finely crushed (about 1 cup)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups oil
- Pour buttermilk over chicken in shallow dish or resealable plastic bag; cover
and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Add chicken to combined cracker crumbs, flour, salt and red pepper in shallow
dish, turning to evenly coat all sides.
- Heat oil in large saucepan to 350 degrees F. Add half of the chicken; cook 15
minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oil; drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr 50 min
Makes: 5 servings
Use Your Oven:
Omit oil. Marinate and coat chicken as directed. Place in
foil-lined 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle evenly with
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter or margarine. Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to
50 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
Nutritional Information: Calories 430 Total fat 28 g Saturated fat 6 g Cholesterol
95 mg Sodium 420 mg Carbohydrate 13 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 2 g Protein 31 g
Vitamin A 4 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 6 %DV Iron 10 %DV
Reprinted with permission from