Southern Oven Fried Chicken
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 to 3 1/2 pound chicken pieces
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed Post Toasties corn flakes
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) melted butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour and seasonings, coat chicken.
- Dip chicken into combined egg and
water, coat chicken in combined cheese and corn flakes.
- Place chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; drizzle with butter.
- Bake 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 27, 2001.