Chicken and Yellow Rice
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 small can pimientos, minced
- 2 cups raw rice
- Fry chicken in olive oil with onions and garlic.
- When browned on both sides, add tomatoes and water. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, salt, saffron, bell pepper, paprika and cornstarch. Cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for about 25 more minutes. If rice becomes dry, add more water as needed.
- Add pimientos and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.