Wild Rice 'n' Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, with liquid
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 6 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook wild rice just until kernels open slightly, 30-40 minutes.
- Spread rice in buttered 8 x 12-inch baking dish.
- Combine soup, sour cream, undrained mushrooms and sherry; pour about half
of soup mixture over rice.
- Remove skin from chicken breasts; arrange chicken over soup.
- Spoon remaining soup mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes longer.
Makes 6 servings.