Almond Butter Chicken with Orange Sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (2 1/4 ounces) sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Juice from one fresh orange (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Place each chicken fillet between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with
meat mallet to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Coat chicken with flour. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip one side into
egg and press with almonds.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add chicken, almond side down. Cook on medium-high
heat 3 to 5 minutes or until almonds are toasted.
- Turn. Turn down heat to medium-low and cook 10 to 12 minutes more or until
chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with Orange Sauce:
- Orange Sauce: Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Add juice, butter
and rind. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Microwave: Combine all ingredients in 2 cup glass measure. Microwave on
high 2 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.