Apple Raisin Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup stuffing
mix (herb seasoned)
- 1/3 cup apples chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins seedless
- 4 boneless,
skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- In saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat 1/3 cup chicken broth and 2 tablespoons
butter until butter melts.
- Stir in stuffing mix, apple and raisins.
- With meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten chicken breasts to about 1/4-inch.
- Place 1/4 of stuffing mixture on each breast half; roll, enclosing stuffing.
- Secure with wooden picks.
- In skillet, over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter.
- Brown chicken on all sides; remove.
- Blend flour and tarragon into butter in skillet.
- Gradually add remaining broth, stirring constantly until mixture thickens
- Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving): Calories: 520 Total Fat: 22 g
Cholesterol: 131 mg Sodium: 1327 mg Total Carbohydrates: 41 g Protein: 39 g
Reprinted with permission from
College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.