- 3 cups spiral pasta
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can roasted corn
- 2 packages
cooked chicken strips (Southwestern or grilled)
- 1 small can chipotle peppers
in adobo sauce
- Bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) corn tortilla strips
- 3 ounces whipping cream
- 6 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 ounces Velveeta
- Spices: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder
- Cook pasta with salt as directed on package.
- Chop 2 chipotle peppers.
- Prepare cheese mixture. In a large bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese,
Velveeta cheese, a handful of the shredded cheddar, whipping cream, chipotle
peppers, cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken until brown.
- Add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and chili powder.
- Add to the skillet, drained corn, drained beans, tomatoes, and let simmer.
- Add to the skillet, the drained pasta, and the cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the chopped green onions, cheddar cheese, and tortilla strips.
Recipe and photo credit: National Chicken Council - eatchicken.org