Autumn Chicken and Gouda Hash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package fully cooked chicken sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Honeycrisp or sweet-tart apples, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces Maple Leaf Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Warm 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add
sausage; cook and flip for 5-7 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove
from the skillet; keep warm.
- Sauté sweet potatoes in remaining oil in the same skillet over
medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the apples, onion, sage and cayenne pepper; cook and stir for
5-6 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in reserved sausage. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes until heated
- Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle with gouda; cook and stir for 1-2
minutes until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 4 servings
Ambrosia or Pink Lady apples would also work in this recipe.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes