Black Walnut Chicken Stir Fry
A divine stir-fry meal, sautéed to perfection, with the bold flavor of wild black
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 green bell
pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 12 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup Fancy Large Black Walnuts
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons soy
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, cornstarch, grated ginger, and garlic.
- Mix in the soy sauce and dry sherry.
- Add the crushed red pepper; set mixture aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a wok or large skillet; cook and stir the pepper
and onions for 2 minutes; remove from wok and set aside.
- Cook and stir black walnuts for 1 to 2 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Cook and stir chicken in remaining oil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it turns
- Add the soy sauce mixture to wok with the chicken and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Add the vegetables and black walnuts to the skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice.
Reprinted with permission from
Hammons Products Company.