Blue Cheese Chicken
- 2 1/4 pounds chicken parts
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cream (can use whipping
- 1 3/4 - 2 1/2 ounces) blue cheese
- Parsley, if desired for decoration
- Cut the mushrooms in half if they are large.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon vegetable or olive oil in the same frying pan and
brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Put the mushrooms back into the pan and flavor with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the water, cover, and let the chicken fry for about 25 minutes,
adding more water if needed while frying.
- Pour in the cream, crumble in the cheese, and let simmer, covered, for another
5 minutes or so.
- Check the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with rice or potatoes.
Yield: 4 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.