Braised Chicken Thighs with Rice
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 40 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Mix all the spices and coat chicken with them.
- Brown chicken for 5 minutes on each side, then remove chicken to cutting board and add onion and garlic to pan drippings; cook until golden brown.
- Add water, rice, Better than Bouillon and lemon juice.
- When mixture boils, stir rice and then nestle chicken into rice mixture. Reduce heat to low, until mixture is just simmering. Cover and cook for 18 minutes.
- Uncover and stir rice; add parsley. Cover and cook for an additional 12 minutes.