- 1 pound freshly ground chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced canned jalapeno chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Chicken broth or water to moisten
- 1 cup crushed Cheetos
- Mix chicken, onion, chiles, chili powder, cumin and bread crumbs.
- Add enough chicken broth to moisten.
- Divide into two or three patties and press each side into ground Cheetos,
making sure that they adhere to form a crust.
- Spray a frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high
heat until lightly smoking.
- Add patties and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Fry until golden-bronze on one side.
- Turn and continue to fry slowly until chicken is cooked inside, about 20
- Serve with cheese sauce or salsa.