Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut a piece of plastic wrap roughly twice as long as your cutting board
and put half over the board and half lying to one side.
- Place a chicken breast, smooth side up, in the center of the board and fold
the plastic wrap over it.
- Using the smooth side of a meat pounder, start in the middle of the chicken
and pound in an outward direction until it is an even 1/4-inch thickness.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Combine the salt, pepper and flour on a plate.
- Dredge the pounded chicken in the flour, coating it thoroughly and shaking
off the excess.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, allowing space between the pieces. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes
on each side, or until the chicken is deeply golden and cooked to an internal
temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from pan. (Keep warm by draping loosely with foil, or by
placing, covered with foil, in a 200 degrees F oven.)
- Add the broth and white wine to the skillet and bring to a boil. Boil for
about 4 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in the lemon juice and capers and boil until the sauce reduces enough
to lightly coat a spoon, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Swirl in the butter.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional analysis for each serving: 228 calories, 24 g protein, 6 g carbohydrates,
0 g fiber, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes