This is an old T&T from my recipe box which I have posted at TSR in the past.
It is a great dish for company, (but my family loves it too) with a rice pilaf and
- 4 - 6 boneless breasts, skinned and trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour mixed with salt
and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup
Progresso Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup blanched sliced almonds
- 1 cup chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Milk or half-and-half
and oil for frying
- 1/4 - 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- Make egg wash by mixing together egg, oil and water.
- In blender on high speed, blend bread crumbs and almonds for 10 seconds.
- To bread chicken, dip in flour mixture, then egg wash, then bread crumb
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat butter and oil for frying over medium heat in sauté pan.
- Add chicken and sauté until well done, about 10 minutes. (If using mushrooms,
sauté them along with chicken.)
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In pan, melt butter, add flour to make a roux.
- Add chicken broth, boil and stir constantly until thickened.
- Thin to desired sauce consistency with a little of the milk or 1/2 and 1/2.
- Keep sauce warm until ready to serve.
- Spoon some sauce on serving platter (or individual plates), place chicken
on sauce and add more sauce on top.
- Garnish with toasted sliced blanched almonds.
- Serve with rice pilaf and a fresh green vegetable.
Posted by GourmetGal at recipegoldmine.com.