Chicken with Apricot Sauce
- 4 (3 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 12 dried apricot halves, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plain or apricot flavored brandy
- 4 cups hot cooked spinach fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add the chicken. Brown for
about two minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Spray skillet again and add the mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir until
softened, about five minutes.
- Add the broth, apricots and nutmeg. Cook, scraping up the brown bits about
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat and simmer covered until
cooked through about six to eight minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and brandy. Add to the chicken mixture,
stirring constantly until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve the fettuccine, topped with the chicken mixture and sprinkle the top