Chicken Avocado Tikka Masala
Chicken Avocado Tikka Masala. Fresh avocados provide the rich, creamy texture in this dairy-free spin on chicken tikka masala. Each serving of this savory main dish is an excellent source of protein and good source of fiber.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 (4 ounce) chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in juice, no salt added (do not drain)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 ripe, fresh avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cook stirring occasionally until onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Add garam masala, cumin, turmeric, coriander and ginger. Continue to stir for about 20 seconds until fragrant.
- Place tomatoes, garlic, chili powder and salt in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Add tomato mixture into pan with onion and spices, and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add cooked chicken and simmer for another 10 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Place avocado and water in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Add avocado mixture into pan and bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with brown basmati rice.
Yield: 6 servings | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 25 min
Nutrition Facts - 6 servings per recipe - Serving size: 1 serving (257g)
Amount Per Serving: Calories 280
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 16g 21% Saturated Fat 2.5g 13% Trans Fat 0g
- Polyunsaturated Fat - Monounsaturated Fat - Cholesterol 95mg 32% Sodium
510mg 22% Total Carbohydrate 10g 4% Dietary Fiber 5g 18% Total Sugars 3g -
Includes 0g Added Sugars 0% Protein 24g 48% Vitamin D 0.1mcg 0% Calcium 60mg
4% Iron 2.8mg 15% Potassium 720mg 15% Vitamin A 240mcg 25% Vitamin C 15mg
15% Vitamin E 1.9mg 15% Vitamin K 26mcg 20% Thiamin 0.5mg 45% Riboflavin
0.3mg 25% Niacin 8.7mg 50% Vitamin B6 0.6mg 40% Folate 65mcg DFE 15% Vitamin
B12 0.4mcg 15% Pantothenic Acid 2.2mg 45%Phosphorus 240mg 20% Magnesium 55mg
15% Zinc 2.7mg 25% Selenium 17mcg 30% Copper 0.2mg 25% Manganese 0.4mg 20%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food
contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Hass Avocado Commission
>> SKILLET CHICKEN RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.