Chicken Breasts in Drunkard's Gravy
- 4 chicken breasts, split into halves
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 quart milk
- 1 quart ice cold water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Heinz 57 Steak Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Accent
tablespoons flour (for thickening)
- 1/2 cup water
- Brown the chicken breasts in oil.
- Mix milk and water.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Heinz 57 Sauce, salt and pepper.
- Put into a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add Accent.
- Place browned chicken in the saucepan with above ingredients. Let slowly
come to boil and cook until breasts are well done and will separate easily from
- Remove breasts from liquid and separate meat from bone.
- Thicken the gravy with thickening made from flour and water.
- Place breasts back in thickened gravy and allow to remain on low heat until
ready to serve over noodles or rice.
You can add 1/2 pint raw oysters to gravy for 3 minutes as final step if