Chicken Breasts with Poblano Sauce
Roasted poblano peppers add delicious depth of flavor to this incredible sauce. Enjoy with chicken, pasta, vegetables or seafood…the possibilities are endless!
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and kept warm
- 2 large poblano peppers, roasted, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Place evaporated milk, peppers, garlic and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend
to desired consistency (chunky or smooth sauce).
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, stirring
constantly until smooth. Gradually stir in poblano mixture. Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil and thickens.
- To serve: Cooked chicken breasts can be placed on individual plates or all
on serving platter. Spoon sauce over chicken breasts. If any sauce is remaining,
place in bowl or small pitcher for all to enjoy.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings; 2 cups Poblano Sauce
Serving size 1 | Calories per serving 250 | Calories from fat 70
Nutritional Information: Total Fat 8g 12% Saturated Fat 4.5g 23% Cholesterol
95mg 31% Sodium 320mg 13% Carbohydrates 10g 3% Dietary Fiber 1g 5% Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 2% Calcium 20% Iron 8% Sugars 6g Protein 32g
* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé