Chicken Chop Suey
- 2 cups cubed chicken or turkey
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can bean sprouts, drained
- 2 teaspoons bead molasses (optional)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (optional)
- Cook celery, onion and chicken in chicken broth. Do not overcook. Celery
should be slightly underdone.
- Add seasonings and thicken with about 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with
a small amount of cold water. Have mixture quite thick.
- Add drained bean sprouts and heat.
- Serve over rice, and top with chow mein noodles.
Variation: Add quartered tomatoes and slices of bell pepper with bean sprouts
so will all be heated, but not cooked.