Chicken in Ginger Cream
- 5 to 6 pounds fresh fryer parts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons finely minced, crystallized ginger
- Parsley sprigs
- Shake chicken a few pieces at a time in a paper bag with flour, ginger,
salt and pepper.
- In a 10 or 12-inch enamel skillet or casserole, brown the pieces skin side
down in melted butter for about 10 minutes over moderate heat.
- Turn and brown 10 minutes more.
- Cover pan and simmer until done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add 3 tablespoons flour to juices in skillet. Heat and stir about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cream. Stir until smooth and thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and more ground ginger, if needed.
- Pour sauce over chicken on serving platter.
- Garnish with parsley and crystallized ginger.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.