- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 pound) chicken,
cut into serving size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive
- 4 green onions with tops
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup consommé or broth
- 2 tomatoes,
cut into wedges and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Sauté mushrooms in butter for about 2 minutes and set them aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper then sauté in hot oil until brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside and reserve drippings.
- Sauté onion and garlic in drippings until onion is soft.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper, scraping the bottom of
the skillet to get the brown bits.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add sautéed mushrooms and sprinkle with parsley.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.