Chicken with Olives
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, minced finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 Kalamata or other Greek-style or Mediterranean-style olives*
* Substitute green olives if you can't find Greek-style black olives.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour and shake off excess.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken thighs and cook for 5 minutes; they should be golden.
- Turn the thighs and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat and add chicken back to
pan. Lower heat and boil gently for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked
through and the liquid is quite reduced and sauce-like.
- While the chicken cooks, pit olives if necessary. Chop and add to pan.
Yield: 4 servings
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Chicken Recipes