Chicken Paprika with Spaetzle
- 3 chickens, skinned and cut into pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 cans tomatoes, peeled whole
- 1 pint sour cream
- 6 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 eggs
- Chicken: Sauté onions in oil; add chicken pieces, a few pieces at a time.
- Sauté chicken until it changes color; do not overcook.
- Remove chicken to a heavy bottomed pan.
- After all chicken is cooked, pour chicken broth into pan, scraping onion
pieces into mixture.
- Add salt and paprika.
- Pour mixture over chicken to about 1/2 way up.
- Place peppers and chopped tomatoes on top of chicken and cover.
- Cook on top of stove about 40 minutes, turning once about halfway through.
- Remove from heat and drain off all of the sauce.
- Heat sauce to boiling and thicken slightly.
- Add sour cream to sauce and mix together.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with spaetzle.
- Spaetzle: Mix flour and salt together.
- Add the eggs and mix, using a small amount of water to hold dough together.
Let set about 45 minutes.
- Into a pot of boiling water, cut small pieces of dough off the edge of a
- After spaetzle are cooked, drain and fry in a small amount of grease in
frying pan to avoid sticking.